Town of Colonial Beach, Virginia, welcomes entrepreneurs and strives to make the process of owning and operating a business in CBVA seamless and lucrative. When you arrive you'll find a town committed to supporting you.
The Town is currently working towards the following:
- Formulation of an economic development strategy.
- Vigorously pursuing state and federal community development funding.
- Municipal and additional development projects to increase year-round retail trade downtown.
- Commercial and retail property available for sale, lease or development.
- Funding for Downtown Colonial Beach, the Main Street America Affiliate program that is working towards full Main Street certification.
- Support for Commercial Historic District.
- Collaboration with Colonial Beach Chamber of Commerce, which is taking a lead in formulating incentives for business investment and sponsors numerous festivals that bring thousands of visitors into town.
- Professional marketing firm to promote the Town.
- Revised Town website (in development) for easier access to permits, forms, licenses and business applications.
- Town support for an Alliance of more than 20 community organizations mutually support each other on community improvements and meeting community needs.
- Business-friendly incentives that support job growth and attract missing staples of our local economy.
- Local Technology Zone and a Tourism Zone Economic Incentives
- Local Revitalization Revolving Loan Fund for Capital Improvements
- Enterprise Zone Regional Incentives
- Rehabilitation Tax Credits in Historic District
- 504 Loan Programs and SBA Development Center