Form Center

By signing in or creating an account, some fields will auto-populate with your information and your submitted forms will be saved and accessible to you.

Zoning Permit 2021


  1. 1. Step One
  2. 2. Zoning Application for New Principal Structure or Renovations/Additions to Principal Structure
  3. 3. Step Three
  4. 4. Step Four
  5. 5. Note: This Page is for office use only
  6. 6. Chesapeake Bay Preservation Overlay District
  7. 7. Tradesman Affidavit
  8. 8. Water/Sewer Availability & Connection Request
  9. 9. Agreement in Lieu of an Erosion & Sediment Control Plan
  10. 10. Agreement in Lieu of a Stormwater Management Plan Single-Family Detached Residential Structure
  • Step One

    1. Application Check List for a New Principal Structure or Renovations/Additions to an Existing Principal Structure

      In order to process your building permit, the following items must be submitted if applicable. Failure to submit a complete application packet can result in a delay in approving and releasing the permit.

    2. New Structure Permit Application Checklist
    3. Items Required (Applicant)
    4. Items Required (Staff)
    5. Bond/Letter of Credit Amounts

      Erosion & Sediment Control

      Public Works

      Lot Size 1.0 Acre Or Less

      Lot Size Greater Than

      1.0 Acre

      Demolition of Structure



      $2500 + $100* for each 1/10 acre over 2.0 acres


      $1000 Bond** plus

      $100 Permit Fee

      * E&S bond is refunded upon inspection showing 80% lot coverage (grass).

      ** Entrance bond is refunded upon final inspection by Public Works.

      • All new structures/uses shall have to install a water meter. (Contact Public Works 804-224-7260)
      • Applicant may be required to submit tax receipt showing taxes on the property are current. (§ 15.2-2286)
      • A failed inspection shall be subject to a re-inspection fee in accordance with the Town Fee Schedule. All re-inspection fees must be paid prior to future inspections.
      • As of July 1, 2014, it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain proper Stormwater Permit(s) from the Department of Environmental Quality: 1-800-592-5482, or on the web at
      • Trees that are 6” at breast height and located outside of the footprint of construction can only be removed if declared “diseased, dead, or dying” by a certified arborist. A Woodlot Management Permit must be obtained. Tree removal without a permit is subject to a fine of $1000 per tree removed plus a double permit fee.
      • In order to receive a Certificate of Occupancy for newly constructed buildings or single family dwellings, the permit holder must first plant two 2.5” caliper trees from the “Native Species List” in the front yard of the lot on which the newly constructed building is located. When the trees are planted, please call for an inspection. Once verified by staff, a CO may be issued.